1. Place uncooked quinoa and water in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil for 5 min. Place lid on pan and simmer on low for 15 mins. Stir occasionally. Quinoa should become light and fluffy. With a fork toss gently. Place quinoa in the fridge to cool for about 10 min.
2. While quinoa is cooking, cook the chicken breast and season with your favorite italian seasonings.
3. Chop green onions and set aside. Once the quinoa is at room temperature mix the chicken, green onions, tomatoes, feta, artichokes, pecans, and basil into the quinoa.
4. Mix the oil, water, and vinegars with the dry mustard. Mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
5. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Toss gently!
Enjoy! Please feel free to comment and let me know how your salad turns out.
1. Bring water to a boil. Then blanch the broccoli by submerging the vegetables briefly in boiling water. Chill in ice water. This is done to preserve texture, color, and flavor.
2. Slice onion into thin wedges
3. Combine vinegar, mayo, honey, water, lemon juice, curry powder, and garlic in a blender. Pulse till well blended. while blender is still on low add the oil.
4. Combine broccoli, onions, almonds, and raisins in a bowl. Add dressing. Toss, cover, and refrigerate!
Serve and enjoy! For best results it is important to let refrigerate for about 3 hours prior to serving.
Be Creative. I've made this salad using dries cherries or chopped fresh medjool dates as an alternative to raisins and it was so good. I've also used 3 tbsp canned coconut milk instead of mayo (gives it a Thai flare.)