Friday, September 7, 2012

Coconut Almond Butter

If you have ever bought fresh ground Almond Butter from a co-op - this recipe is gonna make you think you were crazy for ever buying it! First - it will save you money..I figured it out and it's about 1/3 of the price to make it. Second- you can add what ever you want to it depending on your craving that day :)
What you'll need:

approx. 2 c Almonds
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 - 1/2 c coconut flakes
1-2tsp coconut oil (depending on how much coconut you use increase the oil accordingly)


Here's the easy process:


(preheat your oven to 350)

1. Cover a baking sheet with raw almonds - bake for 8 - 10 min just until roasted

2. Immediately put in food processor

3.Add sea salt

4.Process for 8 -10 minutes ( you will watch the almonds go from ground almonds-to almond meal - to almond flour - then to Almond Butter!!!

5. Once its looking like almond butter add the coconut and oil - blend till smooth and creamy


My favorite part is right when its done its all warm and yummy..... every good mother has to taste to make sure its good enough for her family!!!






1 comment:

  1. Now I know why my attempt at grinding almonds into almond butter in my food processor never turned out. I didn't roast the almonds! Now I know! Thanks Jen :)

    ReplyDelete